For over half a century, MacArthur Holdings LLC has developed, owned and operated real estate in New York City. The portfolio includes multifamily, retail, office, hotel, and future development sites.
MacArthur owns office, warehouse, manufacturing and distribution facilities for clients operating in southern New Hampshire. Generally located in the Portsmouth area, our developments include ground up “build to suit” construction as well as older properties re-adapted for specific tenant needs.
MacArthur is an investor in numerous multifamily properties in New Jersey, Delaware and Pennsylvania.
In New York City, we have developed, and in some cases continue to own property in most of Manhattan’s hot markets, such as Soho (56 Crosby Street), the Meatpacking District (29-35 Ninth Avenue and 415 West 13th Street), Times Square (688-694 Eighth Avenue), and the Upper West Side (2836-46 Broadway). We maintain long term ownership of key assets such as the Beacon Hotel and the adjoining landmark Beacon Theater, acquired over 50 years ago.
MacArthur is an opportunistic investor, constantly evaluating the market and looking for opportunities to enhance return on equity. We sell when we are confident an asset has reached its full potential and capital proceeds can be more profitably deployed in other ventures. Sales in recent years include 255 West 54th Street and 29-35 Ninth Avenue.
MacArthur often partners with local owners and developers. Our core philosophy is developing long term strategic relationships and having local management with a stake in ownership.
1943 – The MacArthur Apartment Hotel at 118 West 72nd St. acquired by Adolph and Erna Katz.
350 room West SRO spanning west side of Broadway from 86th to 85th Streets.
Rehabbed and converted to cooperative ownership.
2130 Broadway, acquired.
12 West 72nd Street – operated as rental apartments, converted to cooperative ownership in 1984.
Rental apartment house which was converted to cooperative ownership in 1968.
Operated as rental apartments, converted to cooperative ownership in 1984.